Configuration, Release & Environment Manager
(PCI DSS 2 Compliance programme)
Configuration Management, Release Management, Environment Management for Phase 1 of PCI DSS 2 Compliance programme.
Working in an Agile environment, with daily Scrums, our main achievements for this client included:
- Identified issues with outsourced software development. Produced report detailing problems, recommended configuration management and process solutions, assisted with implementation thereof.
- Highlighted cost and reliability problems caused by lack of standard software release template. Produced standard release template for use by outsourced software developers. Improved release management process.
- Contributed to team addressing organisation-wide environment-management problems and helped provide a low-cost solution.
- Stakeholder management: Acted as technical liaison between existing projects/developments and PCI programme which touched almost everything (both customer facing and internal).
- Managed and co-ordinated offshore suppliers in multiple countries & time-zones (both ahead and behind) to ensure fastest possible turnaround of changes. Managed work orders through Remedy.
- Planned and hands-on managed software releases into pre-prod and production environments, including 24×7 “zero-downtime” systems. This included extracting deliverables from sFTP, quality checking with ExamDiff Pro, and uploading to Subversion (Tortoise SVN).
- Documented processes, environments etc. where not already done.
- Handed over to outsourced solutions provider for Phase 2 of programme.
Configuration Manager, Release Manager, Environment Manager, Virgin Atlantic Airways, VAA, PCI DSS, PCI DSS2, PCI Compliance, software release, outsourced software development, stakeholder management, technical liaison, offshore suppliers, Remedy, process design, process implementation, process workflow, zero-downtime, document templates, sFTP, Subversion, SVN, Tortoise SVN, deployment checklist