Configuration & Release Strategy Manager
Direct Line Group, formerly known as RBS Insurance, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and itself owns numerous household brands including DirectLine, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag, in addition to providing a white-label insurance service to the customers of ‘partner’ companies such as Sainsbury, Tesco and BMW amongst many others. It is one of Britain’s largest insurers, and is currently preparing for its separation from RBS Group and subsequent initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange.
Our Configuration & Release Management Strategy or Service Transition work within Direct Line Group included:
- Identifying the detailed requirements (requirements definition)
- Process design and process implementation
- Develop supporting document templates
- Get peer-reviewed, management approved and formally signed off
- Deliver training and support on
…a process to control [the Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management & Deployment Management aspects of] the transition of projects and programmes from the early development stages through to ongoing BAU support, from a CM & Environments operational perspective.
This process, which became known as Strategy to Operations (S2O) and is now a standard within Direct Line Group, comprised a detailed process workflow and a substantial number of document templates, all of which contained detailed guidance notes on their completion. Whilst not an exhaustive list, these templates included:
- Introduction & Training (PPT)
- Product Breakdown Structure, Generic Handover Plan (MPP) & Handover Checklist
- Configuration Management Plan (CM Plan) (the Environment Plan already existed)
- Deployment Process Guide, Code Deployment Checklist & Deployment Errors Knowledgebase
- Release Note & Release History
- Operational Level Agreement (OLA), BAU Resource Requirements Projection
- Operational Capability Review (OCR): Terms of Reference, Meeting Agenda & Minutes
- Service Catalogue Template & Master Handover Document
- Post Handover Review (detailed Meeting Agenda & Minutes)
When Direct Line Group deployed its new operating model (TOM) and business processes (PGDF, designed by Qedis) we were responsible for integrating S2O with it.
Configuration Strategy Manager, Release Strategy Manager, DirectLine, Direct Line Group, service transition, requirements definition, process design, process implementation, document templates, training delivery, process workflow, CM plan, code deployment checklist, operational level agreement, OLA, service catalogue, Qedis, Quedis